If you are like other photographers out there, then you have plenty of beautiful photographs just sitting on your computer or in a box somewhere that you would love to have hanging in your home or office. You just aren’t sure about having them printed on paper and framed, as that always seems to cost more than you want to spend. How about putting your favorite pictures on canvas for display? Not sure about this new way of printing your favorite pictures? Here are five great reasons why you should put your favorite pictures on canvas:
1. Longevity: Pictures on canvas will last so much longer than normal paper prints. Canvas is much more sturdy than paper and can easily last for generations, while paper has a low life expectancy when it comes to being on display. Canvas prints will easily last for many decades, even over a hundred years, before they require any type of special treatment.
2. Depth: Take a look at a paper print and then a canvas print and you will immediately notice a big difference. Since paper is flat and canvas is made of woven materials, the canvas prints will always have a depth to them that makes the picture stand out and come alive. Paper prints cannot do this, and just create a flat look no matter what types of inks are used.
3. Ink: ZaZa Gallery goes out of its way to use only the best archival materials in our pictures on canvas, and this focus on quality includes our inks as well. We use archival rated inks, which the canvas soaks up into it’s woven fibers insuring an incredibly long-lasting image.
4. Wrapping: Canvas has so many different wrapping options that can add to the effects of the overall picture. Gallery wrapping is one of the most popular, and this is where the picture is actually printed to the very ends of the canvas so that it wraps around the stretcher bars when the canvas print is completed. It adds to the depth of the picture on canvas as well, since it gives the illusion of being more 3-dimensional than a normal paper print ever could.
5. End Treatments: Pictures on canvas are also privileged to specialized treatments once the print is finished. These treatments help to lock the inks into the canvas and to help protect the canvas against the elements, though if you want them to last the longest you should hang them in dry areas away from direct sunlight.
These are five great reasons why you should choose to put your pictures on canvas for display instead of choosing paper prints. Not only will these specific things help your favorite pictures become even more beautiful, but they will also last ten times longer than paper prints could ever dream of.